Apply to Innovation Montessori High School
Applications for the 2023-2024 school year will open on December 5, 2022, at 8:00am EST. Open enrollment is from December 5, 2022-March 21st, 2023. Our lottery will be run on March 22, 2023.
All new applications received after the running of the lottery will be placed on the waitlist based on the date and time that the application is submitted. Notifications began after the lottery and
will continue through the spring and summer.
IMO K-8 and IMHS are tuition free public OCPS Charter Schools. IMO K-8 and IMHS only accepts out of county students if, at the time of the offer, there are no other Orange County, FL applications on the waitlist for the same grade. Preference is given to Orange County, FL residents. Proof of residency in Orange County, FL is required at the time of registration or prior to July 1, 2023.
Applications for the 2022-2023 school year opened the week of December 6th, 2021. The lottery was run on February 16th 2022. All new applications received after the running of the lottery will be placed on the waitlist based on the date and time that the application is submitted. notifications began after the lottery and will continue through the spring and summer. Applications are still open for the 2022-2023 school year. This application will be closed on March 21st 2023.
IMHS is a tuition free public OCPS Charter School. IMHS only accepts out of county students if, at the time of the offer, there are no other Orange County, Fl. applications on the waitlist for the same grade. Preference is given to Orange County, Fl. residents. Proof of residency in Orange County, Fl. is required at the time of registration or prior to July 1st 2023.
Applying at Our Schools
837.06 False official statements.—Whoever knowingly makes a false statement in writing with the intent to mislead a public servant in the performance of his or her official duty shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
Open Enrollment and Lottery
Open enrollment is from December 2022 – March 21, 2023. Our lottery will be run on March 22, 2023. All applications submitted within the Open Enrollment period will have an equal opportunity for admission, regardless of whether they are submitted on the first day or the last day of Open Enrollment.
If the number of applications submitted within the Open Enrollment period exceeds the number of seats available for any grade level, a system generated, and a a random lottery will be processed to determine who is offered a seat at the school. Our lottery results will be emailed to the address entered into the application, texted to the number listed on file, as well as posted on your SchoolMint Dashboard.
- Applications are active for one academic school year only. A new application must be completed each year.
- All admissions are selected by an electronic, random lottery from our collected online applications per academic year.
- Applications that indicate a priority must be valid. If a student receives an offer based on an invalid priority, the offer will be rescinded. Priorities include
- Board Members
- Montessori Experience (50% of seats are reserved for this priority)
- Active-Duty Personnel
- Sibling Preference
- Lotteries are run by grade. All applicants from that lottery are then placed on a waitlist and assigned a waitlist number.
- Acceptances are sent via Schoolmint email and/or text with a limited acceptance window. If you receive an acceptance email and/or text, you must respond within the listed time frame to secure placement for your student.
- IMHS is an Orange County Public School charter. IMHS only accepts out of county students if, at the time of the offer, there are no other Orange County applications on the waitlist for the same grade. Preference is given to Orange County, FL residents. Proof of residency in Orange County, FL is required prior to July 1, 2023, or at the time of registration
- Having one student accepted in our high school does not automatically extend admission to siblings. However, it does give a sibling preference to their lottery/waitlist if they have an existing application online for our high school. Once an offer of admission has been made, preference changes are automatically updated within our system.
- Sibling preference does not extend to our IMO K-8 applications as these are different school entities.
- We will continue to select students via our waitlist to fill classroom vacancies as they arise throughout the year.
- Additional lotteries will be run throughout the school year only if the current waitlist is exhausted.
- New online applications that are received after the lottery has been run will be placed at the bottom of the current waitlist based on date/time of submission. Should the waitlist be exhausted, they will remain in a “submitted” status until a new lottery is required.
- All registration information is sent to the new student via Schoolmint email once the offer has been accepted. Registration must be completed within the allotted registration time frame provided or be subject to a rescinded offer.
- IMHS will meet with each student and their parent/guardian, prior to an offer being made, to ensure that IMHS may accommodate the student’s academic needs for a successful graduation with our school.
- Current IMHS students will be automatically re-enrolled so long as they have maintained eligibility requirements.
Enrolling with our Online Registration
Once an applicant has been offered a seat at our school, please log in via the SchoolMint Dashboard to complete the three-step registration process. First, accept the offer within the time limit stated in your offer. Second, complete the registration online, to include uploading the required documents, via the School Dashboard within 14 calendar days of accepting the offer prior to June 14th 2023. Offer received after June 1st 2023 will be provided with an individual registration deadline. Third, schedule your registration appointment within SchoolMint. If you are unable to upload the documents please call the enrollment department at the school for a time to bring them in. We are happy to assist you!
Required documents to finalize enrollment:
- Birth certificate
- Parent/Guardian driver’s license or official ID
- Legal court documents, such as divorce documents and parenting plan, if applicable
- Completed OCPS Packet
- Proof of Residence
- Immunizations Form 680 OR Religions Exemption Form 681
- School Entry Health Form DH 3040
- Previous Report Cards
- High School transcript, if applicable
- Special Education documents (EP, IEP, 504, ELL), if applicable
- Verification of military priority, if applicable
Controlled Border Enrollment
IMHS is an Orange County Public School charter. IMHS only accepts out of county students, if at the time of offer, there are no other Orange County applications on the waitlist for the same grade. Preference is give to Orange Country, Fl. residents. Proof of residence in Orange County, Fl is required prior to July 1, 2023 or at the time of registration.
School Capacity: 288
Data uploaded on
Available Seat Data
Enrollment Q & A
How can I find out information about your school?
We encourage interested families to attend a school tour to find out more about our school’s programs and offerings as this is the perfect platform to ask your questions to faculty and staff. We also offer tours on an ongoing basis. Visit our tours page to see a list of tours being offered.
How can I apply if I do not have a computer or internet access?
Contact our school for assistance.
Can I list all my children on one application?
Please complete a separate application for each one of your children and list the siblings within each application to receive sibling preference.
If my child is a current student, do I need to apply again?
No, current IMHS students will be automatically re-enrolled so long as they have maintained eligibility requirements. We do provide an intent to return opportunity to our families to share their choice with us in April each year.
If I have one child who currently attends your school and I would like my other child to attend, what should I do?
You need to fill out an application during open enrollment for the other child. Please remember to list the currently enrolled student under the “sibling attending” section of the application to receive sibling preference in the lottery.
Open Enrollment has ended, am I still able to apply?
We continuously accept applications until the lottery for the next year is drawn. If there is a seat available in the grade level that you are applying for, an offer will be made through email. If there are no openings in the grade level you are applying for, your child’s application will be placed on the waitlist in the date order the application was received.
I am currently on the waitlist. Does the waitlist expire once the new lottery is run or does it carry over?
Applications are year specific. Applications submitted for the current school year will not be valid, roll over, or be processed in the next school year. If your child is currently on the waitlist, please submit a new application during the next school year’s Open Enrollment period.
If my child is on the waitlist, do I need to contact you to find out where he/she stands on the list?
Parents can log in to the SchoolMint Dashboard at any time to find where their child is on the waitlist.
My child is on the waitlist but has moved down a spot. How is this possible?
Undoubtedly this is frustrating. We follow the preferences permitted by the state (sibling, military, employee, etc.). For example, when one sibling is accepted and has another sibling waitlisted in another grade, that waitlisted sibling gets an enrollment preference, meaning they move to the top of the waitlist. This means that occasionally parents will see their children move down the list instead of up.
What happens if my child’s name is chosen during the lottery?
You will be contacted by email if your child is offered a seat or placed on the waitlist. Once your student receives an offer, you will need to login via the School Mint Dashboard and accept the offer within the deadline listed or the offer will be automatically declined. After accepting the offer, you will have 14 business days to complete the online registration in the SchoolMint Dashboard and provide all the required documents. Please see the Enrolling with our Online Registration section above for the specific documents required.
Is there a tuition fee to attend?
No, we are a public school and there is no tuition to attend. However, we do have a student supply fee of $110.00/year/student.
Does my child need to wear a uniform?
Our students follow the OCPS dress code for high school.
Does your school provide transportation?
No, parents provide transportation to and from school for their child(ren).
We suggest you go ahead and apply if you are interested to at the very least be added to the school’s waiting list if there’s no current availability and/or reach out to our school for the status. Submit your application HERE.